- Junior Faculty: MD or DO Investigators who have completed a cardiovascular disease fellowship within the past five years and have an academic appointment of Assistant Professor or Clinical Instructor.
- Fellows: MD or DO Investigators who are actively enrolled in an accredited cardiovascular disease fellowship program as of June 30, 2018.
- PhD-only research Fellows are not eligible.
- All research must be unpublished original work in cardiology. Publication of the abstract alone does not preclude eligibility; however, if the abstract is published with the full manuscript prior to July 16, 2018, it will not be acceptable for submission.
- Abstracts/papers to be presented at future medical meetings are eligible for submission.
Abstract Policies and Procedures
- Only one abstract submission per young investigator will be accepted.
- Abstracts must conform exactly to the abstract preparation instructions. Those that do not may be rejected.
- Only original work done by the Young Investigator will be accepted.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in an electronic program to be provided to all attendees. The publication of electronic handout materials will not preclude publication or presentation elsewhere.
Submission deadline is Monday, July 16, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET.
- Expert faculty judges will review all submissions.
- Authors of the abstracts selected for presentation at the Forum will be expected to present their research according to their status at the time the research was completed (ie, if research was conducted during fellowship training, it will be presented in the Fellows’ category).
- All presentations will be podium format and will consist of an 8 minute formal presentation with PowerPoint slides and a 7 minute question-and-answer period.
The 40 finalists (authors of accepted abstracts) will be provided with the following:
- One round-trip, non-refundable, economy-class ticket to Chicago.
- A ground transportation stipend for transfers to and from the program hotel in Chicago.
- 3 nights lodging (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) at the Warwick Allerton Hotel in downtown Chicago.
- All group buffet meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) for the duration of the meeting.
Items that will not be covered include:
- Ground transportation to and from your home airport
- Meals en route
- Baggage fees
Please note: expenses for accompanying travelers will not be provided. Guests are not permitted to attend any portion of the meeting, including buffet meals. All travel arrangements will be made through a travel coordinator with Creative Educational Concepts.
An awards ceremony will be held on Saturday evening, October 20, 2018, at which time financial grants will be awarded to the first-, second-, and third-place winners in each of the categories (grants ranging from $500-$1500). The recipients of the two $10,000 Jeremiah Stamler Distinguished Young Investigator Research Awards (Junior Faculty Clinical Research or Basic Science Research) will also be announced at this time.